Oddmall at a glance
- WHAT: Oddmall is one of Ohio’s largest and most unique exhibitions of art & artifice featuring hundreds of artists, crafters, entertainers, cosplayers, artisans, and purveyors of games, toys, comics, collectibles, and all things odd, geeky, bizarre, imaginative, and wonderful!
- WHEN: Several shows throughout the year in northern Ohio (and several shows in the Pacific Northwest).
- WHEN WHEN: Check out the individual show pages to be certain but indoor shows typically run Saturday 10am-6pm and/or Sunday 10am-5pm (Outdoor shows Saturday 11-7, Sunday 10-5).
- WHERE: The following list describes Oddmall shows in chronological order based upon the dates of their occurrence. Venues and locations are subject to change.
- HOW MUCH: While entry to Oddmall shows is FREE your suggested donation of $5 or more is greatly appreciated Vendor booth prices range from $60-$350 depending on the size and the Oddmall show.
- HOW MANY: Attendance at Oddmall shows varies according to the venue and the show. Our smaller shows typically attract 2000-5000+ visitors while our larger and more established shows usually attract over 10,000-12,000. Our oldest and biggest show is Oddmall: Emporium of the Weird in Akron. Of course, things are uncertain these days, but those are the numbers we’ve experienced historically.
- HOW: Drive, walk, take the bus, stamp yourself and go by mail. Maybe ride a horse.
- HUH: Vendor information can be found here.
- WHY: So, so many reasons. It’s pretty much the most fun thing ever.
Oddmall is part art fair, part craft show, part comic con, part gaming festival, part cosplay extravaganza, part toy show, part antique show, part vintage fashion show, part geeksplosion, part music fest, part magic show, and part various undefinable othernesses. If it’s fun, artsy, geeky, crafty or odd, chances are it can be found at Oddmall. It’s the Emporium of the Weird.
Oddmall is founded on several core tenets:
1. Entry is FREE. We appreciate your donations ($5 is suggested) but nobody will be turned away if they can’t afford it.
2. Oddmall is open to everyone (except people who infringe upon anybody else’s right to be who they are). At Oddmall there’s no judging people for the things they enjoy. If you like to dress up like a giant action figure and have your picture taken with strangers GO FOR IT! If you dig making life-sized models of your pet cat out of old socks, do your THANG! Are you a collector of unusual art? Is your other car a TARDIS? Do you know Bruce Wayne’s middle name? Do people call you weird, strange, bizarre, nerdy, geeky, artsy-fartsy, or Gertrude? If so, Oddmall is the place for you. ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
Oddmall is more than just an ordinary craft show. It’s a celebration of uniqueness, creativity, imagination, and wonder where artists, crafters, and like-minded sorts gather to offer their unusual creations for public consumption. It’s a forum for creative expression, a classroom for esoteric wisdom, a soapbox for wild ideas, a miraculous marketplace of the unconventional, a metaphorical Serengetian watering hole where the zebras and wildebeests of inspiration and artistry congregate amidst the snapping crocodiles and scorching sunbeams of originality and ingenuity. …umm yeah. Anyway, it’ll be fun. Trust me.
Where else can you find such an eclectic fecundity of oddness? It’s the perfect place to find something unique for that special someone and pick out something really unique for your that hard to buy for relative. Need cool Valentine’s Day gifts (or even fun Andy’s Birthday gifts)… Browsing Oddmall Ohio’s indoor profusion of vendors is a great way to beat the wintery goodness of Ohioand a fantastic and totally free way to spend an afternoon with the family (or friends).
Demos and Hands-on Activities
Many of Oddmall’s vendors and artists will be onhand to host demonstrations of their unique creations. Who knows, you might just learn something and have fun doing it.
Oddmall presents a variety of performers for your edification and enjoyment.
Several amazing guests, from comic and game writers and illustrators to television and film celebrities, will be in attendance at various Oddmall shows. Nab yourself an autograph or three or just shoot the beans for a bit.
While we sincerely appreciate your donation of $5 or more (or less) nobody is ever turned away for not contributing. We depend on donations to keep the show going, but such beneficence is optional. That means lots of traffic if you’re a vendor and extra cash in your wallet if you’re a shopper.
Oddmall is open to absolutely everyone and admission is only five bucks. It’s the perfect place to nab a gift for everyone you’ve ever known and indulge all your other shopping dreams.
We are looking for various performers to entertain the masses at Oddmall. If you are a musician, magician, juggler, dancer, balloon animal maker, or any other unusual performer and you’d like to strut your stuff at Oddmall please contact Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vendors, Crafters, and Artists
As a celebration of the unusual, Oddmall strives to showcase arts, crafts, and products that are a bit different from what you’d find at your local country craft fair. Anything weird, freaky, bizarre, off the cob, or just plain different is welcome fodder. We’re talking jewelry, art originals and prints, t shirts, stuffed animals, clothing, games and toys, home decorating jazz, holiday ornaments and just about anything else you might think of. If it’s creative, unusual, and you made it it’s welcome at Oddmall (as long as it passes the jurying process, see below). Adult themed material is allowed but must be clearly marked as such and hidden from the eyes of passing children and the faint of constitution.
Also of great interest is the Oddmall Comic and Toy Expo. Here’s a fantastic realm of vendors peddling all sorts of comics, games, toys, model railroads, books, costumes, geeky jazz, educational and scientific material, models, hobbies, and assorted othernesses.
Oddmall is a juried show. This means new prospective vendors must submit samples of their work in order to be considered for participation. Vendors may submit their samples (or a link to a site online where samples can be found) using the Vendor Registration Form. More information about the jury process can be found on the Vendor Registration page.
We just went over this, but Oddmall will indeed have some pretty sweet special guests. You’ll see…
Oddmall a pretty big show. As such, it takes a pretty sizable team to get things moving smoothly. If you are interested in being part of the Oddmall Awesome Squad (volunteer team) please follow this link for more information.
1700 Steese Rd.
Uniontown, Ohio 44685
Oddmall has many opportunities for advertising partners and sponsors. Please mosey on over to the Partners & Sponsors page for more information. We’d love to work with you (unless you’re evil).
We love press! In fact, we have a whole page dedicated to it. That’s the place to find press releases, contact information, and other media related jazz.
Flyers, Banners, etc…
To help spread the word in your community, please download and print the Oddmall promotional flyers hosted on the Free Downloads page and post them abundantly.