As I type this we are down to last few available booths for December 11th’s Oddmall: Chrishanukwanzmadan at Tadmor Shrine in Green, Ohio. If anybody is interested in a booth, please nab it as soon as possible.
Here, for the edification of the inquisitive is VENDOR SETUP INFORMATION for Oddmall: Chrishanukwanzmadan. I will begin, as is my custom, with a bulleted list of the highlights and follow it up with more detailed information below.
- The address is Tadmor Shrine – 3000 Krebs Drive Akron, Ohio 44319
- Vendors may setup Friday December 10 from 3pm-10pm and Saturday December 11pm from 7am-10am.
- There are three entrance doors we may use, although the most convenient will probably be the main front doors (if your booth is in the hallway or the front half of the vendor hall) or the rear doors (if your booth is in the back half of the vendor hall).
- After you unload your vehicle please move it to the parking lot. On Saturday, vendors should park in the lot on the East side of the building so we can reserve the front lot for customers.
- You may bring whatever carts and dollies you wish.
- The entire event will be catered by our good friends at Stray Dog, so prepare your tummy for some yummy (summy yummy?).
- Also happening in the main hall is live entertainment and it’s going to be awesome. Here’s what we have in store:
11am: Live Book Readings by the Attending Authors
12pm: Jungle Mango’s Reptile Show
1pm: Bellydancing with Shuvani Dance Studio
2pm: VOICE-OLIN with Justin Curry and Alanna Maki
3pm: The Oddmall Costume Contest
4pm: A LIVE CONCERT WITH NERDCORE ARTISTS 2d6!!!!!!
5pm: The Ugly Sweater Competition featuring DJ junkNfunk
- When you arrive, please check in with Andy (I’m the one who looks like Danny DeVito’s non-union stunt double) or whichever Oddmall volunteer is on hand to greet you. We will show you to your booth and offer any assistance we can.
- If anybody is interested in volunteering at the show, either assisting with setup and teardown, decorating, or helping to check people in and get them situated please email Andy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know. I really appreciate it.
- Everybody is invited to come in costume and to decorate their booths as snazzily as they desire. I will be wandering throughout the place offering prizes to peeps whose booths make my face all smiley…
- Krampus and other holiday icons will be in residence to meet attendees and have their picture taken. It’s going to be sweet. We have a dedicated room for this purpose and I could really use some help decorating it if anybody is off a mind to do so…
- The winner of the Costume Contest will earn a FREE BADGE for CON ON THE COB 2022! That’s kind of a big deal…
- The winner of the Ugly Sweater Contest will win The Peoples’ Ovation and Fame Forever!
THE AFTER PARTY
After the show anybody who wants to participate is invited to head over to Oddmall Outpost: Assembly of Odd, which is only about a mile away at 772 E Turkeyfoot Lake Rd and enjoy some low key hanging out with fellow vendors and guests.
Vendors interested in consigning with Oddmall Outpost can bring their items with them and we can get things started!