Andy here. I’m about to plop down some important gab about all sorts of Oddmall vendor related things. Here’s a bullet list of salient points in case you lack the inclination to read the whole thing:
- Vendor Setup (inside): Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 7am-10am (be in before 9am Saturday).
- Vendor Setup (outside): load in Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 7am-9am actual setup Saturday 11am directly after the parade (see below).
- Where is my booth? Am I signed up for this show? You can find a complete vendor list on the website by clicking here. (If you have a * by your booth name, we have NOT received your payment and your booth will be forfeited if we don’t receive it by the end of the day on Friday June 1!)
- How should vendors unload? Pull up on Riverside Parkway behind the Pavilion building. We will have volunteers on hand to help you unload.
- Will carts be on hand? Yes. We will have some carts on hand. Please feel free to bring your own, too.
- Is it cool if I leave early? No, it is not cool.
- What live entertainment will there be? So much great stuff. Read on to learn more.
- Will there be food? Yes!
- How can we sign up for the next Oddmall? You can sign up for all Ohio Oddmall shows at www.oddmall.info or in person at the show.
- Are there any booths left? There is currently ONE space available for this show. If you need to cancel, please let us know as soon as possible.
- What advertising has been done? Since this event is being run by the city of Cuyahoga Falls we have depended on them for most of the advertising. They have been placing posters all over town and running ads in several local newspapers.
- How can we help spread the word? Tell everyone! Also, see below.
- Booth Design: You can basically set up your booth however you want as long as it isn’t obstructive to your neighbors and you remain within your territory. There are tips below.
- Do you have any tips for new vendors? Yes indeed, but they are too detailed to include in this bullet list. Please read them below.
Vendor Setup Information
Vendors please drive your vehicles down Riverside Parkway and stop behind the Pavilion building (just north of the little tunnel). We will have people on hand to help you unload.
Friday June 1: 8:00am-8:00pm
Saturday June 2: 7:00am-9:00am (The show starts at 10:00, so please be ready to go by then).
RCPC Fest ends at 10:00pm on Saturday June 2. PLEASE DO NOT CLOSE DOWN EARLY. Closing your booth early is very unprofessional and makes everyone look bad. It disrespects the show, exhibits contempt for your fellow vendors, and brings shame and disgrace onto your family name for generations to come. It is normal for things to die down considerably during the last hour or so of any show. If that happens, please use the time to make some new friends or maybe do some shopping yourself. If you have an emergency and must leave early please let a staff member know and we will assist you.
Loading and Unloading
When you arrive, please pull up behind the Pavilion building. THE ROAD CLOSES AT 9AM TO ALLOW FOR THE PARADE SO EVERYONE MUST BE UNLOADED BY THAT TIME.
Once you have unloaded your vehicle please park in the lot behind the art museum.
Important Information for Outside Vendors
Because of the parade, which takes place in the same area as the outside vendors, the following guidelines must be followed:
- If you are using a tent or canopy it must be assembled according to the proper directions and it must be properly weighted on each leg (40 pounds of weight on each leg is recommended). Inspectors from the fire department will be checking to make sure everything is secure and properly in place before you are allowed to open.
- Setup for outside booths will take place immediately following the parade. Vendors should place their items in our secure trucks when they arrive (8am-8pm Friday or before 9am on Saturday). As soon as the parade is over we will have a horde of volunteers scrambling to help erect tents and deliver your materials to your space. The goal is to do this as quickly as possible so you can get to selling and make some of that sweet, sweet green.
- Electricity is available at no charge for all outside booths. Please consider the show runs until 10pm so it’s a good idea to bring some lights and extension cords.
We have a full roster of fantastic entertainment planned. It’s going to be a blast!
12:00 pm High School Band
1:00 pm Brooke Bowen
2:00 pm Guy Randall
3:00 pm Dead End Job
4:00 pm Hogan’s Last Smash
5:00 pm The Camel Project
6:30 pm Cosplay Contest
8:00 pm Roxxymoron
Will there be food?
THERE WILL BE FOOD!!!!!!!
There will indeed be several food trucks and food vendors onsite throughout the day.
How can we sign up for the next Oddmall?
Please use the online registration form to sign up for future Oddmalls. http://www.oddmall.info/vendor-registration/
How can I help spout the gab?
Keep on doing what you’re doing. Tell everybody you know. Post on the facetweets and the instabooks and all those other fun places. Feel free to nab art from the website for that purpose. #oddmallohio
What can we do with our booths?
As long as your jazz remains within the confines of your prescribed area you can do just about anything. There are limits, of course. The city asks that no nudity be on display. Remember, this is Oddmall, not Granny’s Old-Fashioned Country Quilt Jamboree. We want you to have fun and make an impression. Decorate your booth (and yourself)! Have a blast and make your booth stand out.