|Good day Oddmall vendors and potential vendors. Andy here. As is the custom among my people, I will begin this email with a numbered list indicating the gist of the thing. For a quick snippet of what’s what just read the list. For extensive details please read the whole thing or scroll to the juicy bits.
- Hallowondrous Vendor Setup Information: Vendors may arrive and begin setting up at 2pm on Friday. Setup continues until 10pm and then picks up again at 7am Saturday. Vendors should enter the lot from the eastern entryway on N Superior St. We will have a volunteer on site to direct you from there.
- Hotel Information: There is a discounted room block reserved at the Park Inn Raddison, which is attached to the convention center. Rooms are only $89 a night if you tell them you are with Oddmall, which is a significant discount. Here is the address and phone number: Address: 101 N Summit St, Toledo, OH 43604
Phone: (419) 241-3000
- Dinner and a Party: There will be a dinner at Tony Packo’s immediately following the show on Saturday night. All Oddmall vendors and their friends are invited to participate. Please visit http://www.oddmall.info/parties-gatherings/ to RSVP. After the dinner, which is only a block or so away from the SeaGate Center, we will gather in the lounge at the Park Inn for an impromptu Halloween party.
- Signing up for future Oddmall Shows: We will have signup forms onsite for future Oddmall shows. Vendors will be able to nab such booths at a significant discount by signing up onsite this weekend.
- Hallowondrous at a Glance: Scroll down to see what Hallowondrous has to offer, including TRICK OR TREATING, entertainment, parties, etc…
- Vendor booths are still available. You can sign up for a booth online at www.oddmall.info until Thursday evening. Booths will also be available onsite Saturday morning.
- Entertainment Schedule: Scroll down to check out the Hallowondrous Entertainment Schedule.
- Oddmall Outpost: Assembly of Odd: Have you checked out the new Oddmall consignment store in Akron, Ohio? If not, as your attorney I advise you to do so posthaste. Scroll down to see how you can sell your awesome stuff with us year-round.
- Con on the Cob: Con on the Cob is a four day celebration of Games, Art, Freaks, and Fun. Check it out! Vendor and artist booths are still available.
- Code of Conduct: In order to ensure the safety and fun of everybody at Oddmall a few simple rules must be followed.
Hallowondrous Setup Information
Vendors may begin setting up Friday at 2pm. Please drive your vehicle to the rear loading area off of N Superior Street. An Oddmall representative will be there to direct you. Setup continues Saturday at 7am until the show opens at 10am.
You may decorate your booth however you like as long as it doesn’t break any laws or exceed the bounds of your designated booth size. The weirder the better!
Please limit your interactions to customers directly in front of your own booth. Vendors are not permitted to poach shoppers from other booths or shout across aisles to attract shoppers who are interacting with other vendors. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave without refund. It sucks that I have to post this paragraph, but history has made it necessary. Please report violators to an Oddmall staff member.
If you have questions or concerns please find an Oddmall staff member in person. During show hours the Oddmall Souvenirium (just inside the Seagate Center entrance) is always populated by staff. It is very difficult for us to monitor social media or email during the show, so these avenues are often useless. If your problem involves an Oddmall staff member or you can’t find a staff member for any reason please contact Seagate Center security onsite.
There is a discounted room block reserved at the Park Inn Raddison, which is attached to the convention center. Rooms are only $89 a night if you tell them you are with Oddmall, which is a significant discount.
Here is the address: 101 N Summit St, Toledo, OH 43604
Here is the phone number: (419) 241-3000
The Park Inn is also the location of Saturday night’s Halloween party. We will meet in the lounge directly following the dinner at Tony Packo’s (see below). This is a casual gathering of Oddmall vendors and friends. Everyone is invited. Costumes are encouraged but not required.
Dinner and a Party
There will be a dinner at Tony Packo’s immediately following the show on Saturday night. All Oddmall vendors and their friends are invited to participate. Please visit http://www.oddmall.info/parties-gatherings/ to RSVP. RSVPs are not required but are helpful in letting us know how many people to expect.
After the dinner, which is only a block or so away from the SeaGate Center, we will gather in the lounge at the Park Inn for an impromptu Halloween party(which I just told you about in the last section).
Signing up for Future Oddmall Shows
We will have signup forms onsite for future Oddmall shows. Vendors will be able to nab such booths at a significant discount by signing up onsite this weekend. Upcoming shows include Oddmall: Chrishanukwanzmadan (almost sold out), Oddmall: Expedition Elsewhere, Oddmall: Emporium of the Weird, Oddmall: Riverside Ramble, Oddmall: Medieval Mayhem (not even announced yet, you heard it here first or maybe second), and Oddmall: Hallowondrous 2019 (probably).
What, no Oddmall: Rubber City Rumpus? Yeah, after poor turnout at the show last month (mostly due to attendee confusion resulting from the adjacent BMX event and some other situations that were out of our hands) we decided Derby Downs just wasn’t the best location for an Oddmall show. Rubber City Rumpus will be replaced by Medieval Mayhem next year, which I think everybody can get behind and brings us to a section of the state (Cleveland) that’s been clamoring for an Oddmall for years.
The dates we have in place for Oddmall: Riverside Ramble and Oddmall: Medieval Mayhem are tentative. If you sign up for either show and we end up switching the dates to ones that conflict with your schedule you will be able to transfer your booth to a different show at no extra charge.
In addition to the significant discounts we will be offering on future booths, we will be doing a drawing on Sunday afternoon whereby one lucky vendor will win a FREE booth at the show of their choice! Each booth you nab over the weekend gets you one entry in the drawing.
Where to turn in your forms
Booth registration forms can be turned in during show times at the Oddmall Souvenirium, booths 130 (Live.Dream.Create), 180 (Three Cat Collectibles), or you can wait for our staff members to come around on Sunday to collect them.
Oddmall: Hallowondrous at a glance
WHAT: It’s the HALLOWEEN edition of Oddmall. Dozens upon dozens of fantastic artists and vendors mob the scene at Toledo’s wonderful Seagate Center. There’s live entertainment, trick or treating, some really incredible artists, monsters, makeup, panels, parties, and way, way more.
- WHEN: October 13-14, 2018
- WHEN WHEN: Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 10am-5pm.
- WHERE: Seagate Center – 401 Jefferson Avenue, Toledo OH 43604
- HOW MUCH: Free to get in. Five dollars to leave. Nah, I’m just playing with you. It’s free (but we do appreciate and depend on your donations).
- HOW: Maybe ride a broomstick or that awesome car the Munsters drove around in.
- HUH: Vendor information can be found here.
- WHY: Seriously? It’s Oddmall and Halloween. Do you even need a reason?
- HOTEL INFORMATION: We have a block of rooms available at a discounted price ($89) at the Park Inn Radison attached to the convention center. Please call 419 241-3000 to book a reservation. Be sure to tell them you are with Oddmall!
Jazz Unique to Hallowondrous
- TRICK OR TREAT! All the little whippersnappers, sprites, urchins, and chillunzes should come in costume and get there Trick or Treat on a bit early this year. Vendors are encouraged to keep a bowl of something tasty or interesting to hand out. Trick or treating takes place all day both days. Just wear a costume and say the magic words. You know what to do…
- THE ODDMALL HALLOWEEN PARTY! Yeah, baby. Saturday night in the lounge of the attached Park Inn Radisson hotel is the Oddmall Halloween Party. Wear a costume if you want and come hang out with your fellow vendors and friends. It’s not scary at all. Not at all…
- GAMING! Oddmall: Hallowondrous has an entire room stocked with all kinds of great board games, card games, and other fun stuff. It’s all because of our man Santa Claus and his amazing toybox. It’s free to play and lasts all day.
- BLACK SWAMP GAMERS! BSG is a club located in Waterville, Ohio that is dedicated to folk interested in playing board games, card and dice games, and tabletop RPG’s. They’ll be bringing some games from their collection to share with everyone. They can also hip you to the gist of their club and membership options. They can be found at booths #43-45 and #53-55. You can also connect with them on Facebook.
- THE ANNUAL “ONE OF US” ODDMALL DINNER THING! All vendors and their friends were invited. Much fun was had. This year we will be at Tony Paco’s! Click here to RSVP.
Hallowondrous Entertainment Schedule
12pm- Weird Science Variety Hour
1pm- Weird Science Variety Hour
2pm- Michael McFarland
3pm- Cosplay Contest
4pm – Miss Dreadful
5pm- Lonnie James
12pm- Big Patrick
1pm- Lonnie James
2pm- Michael McFarland
3pm- Cosplay Contest
4pm- Oddmall Band
Oddmall Outpost: Assembly of Odd
BEHOLD! Oddmall Outpost: Assembly of Odd, 6000 square feet (and a parking lot) of amazing amazingnesses. It’s an overflowing cornucopia of raw, burning (not literally) creativity featuring the works of dozens, perhaps hundreds, of the world’s most innovative, imaginative, inspired, and original artists and crafters. Here weirdness is a virtue, imagination is unleashed, ideas are shared, fantasy is cherished, and all people are welcome. It’s a cosmic wonderland of creativity and you are the planet’s designated ambassador.
Oddmall Outpost: Assembly of Odd is a consignment shop overflowing with art, crafts, games, toys, geeky things, oddities, and other exciting and wonderful jazz.
Artist & Vendor Consignments
If you are an artist, crafter, or purveyor of anything odd, unique, geeky, or interesting please check out the Consignment Information page for, well, consignment information. Any artists or vendors selling appropriate goods (see the page linked in the last sentence) are encouraged to bring their stuff with them to Oddmall: Hallowondrous along with the relevant paperwork (available at that same link). We can take it off your hands after the show and bring it to Oddmall Outpost next week.
Visit the digs at:
772 E. Turkeyfoot Lake Rd.
Akron, Ohio 44319
(It’s in Green but the address says Akron because it’s a conspiracy of some sort. Solve the mystery and win a FREE high five!).
Con on the Cob? What the goose is a Con on the Cob?
That, my friend, is a very good question. To put it simply: Con on the Cob is a coalescence of all Human experience, refined and distilled into an essential cloud of pure smiles. To put it even more simply: it’s a FOUR DAY CELEBRATION OF GAMES, ART, FREAKS, AND FUN!
WHEN: November 8-11, 2018
WHERE: DAYS INN & SUITES – Richfield, Ohio
Con on the Cob is all things to all people. It’s a gaming con, chock full of RPGs, board games, card games, party games, and all sorts of that kind of jazz. It’s also an art fair, with a large selection of talented artists in attendance and an amazing abundance of fantasy, science fiction, horror, and geeky art and art activities. Oh, and it’s The Mother of All Marketplaces, with over 60 vendors showcasing a wide variety of jazz, snazz, and zazz, boosting the geekonomy like old school Robin Hoods (but without the stealing and the giving stuff away for free (ok, not like Robin Hoods. I failed analogy class in Kindergarten). Don’t forget the parties…Did I mention the parties? There are parties. A LOT of them. Also there are other things, like our amazing special Guests, the Children of the Cob, the Comedy Music Extravagasm!, a super sweet Auction, a Games Library, free snacks in the Con Suite, Panels, Workshops, and Demos, a whole track of Cosplay and Fandom related activities, and a massive horde of potential friends and peeps who dig the same things you dig!
CotC Hotel Reservation Information
Days Inn & Suites
4742 Brecksville Rd
Richfield, OH 44286
Make sure to tell them you are with Con on the Cob to get the best rate. I can not stress this enough. It is so extremely important the planet may actually implode if you do not follow this direction (actually, it will just cost us a lot more to rent the venue and that would suck).
Code of Conduct
Please follow this link to read the Oddmall code of conduct. You should have already read this when you checked the box on the registration form that indicated you read it, but you might want a refresher.
I think that about wraps it up. I am incredibly jazzed to see everyone this weekend! If you haven’t nabbed your booth or hotel room please do so immediately. 🙂
Andy and the Oddmall Awesome Squad