Oddmall: Rubber City Rumble at a glance
- WHAT: Rubber City Rumpus is nestled at the foot of Derby Downs, site of the International Soapbox Derby Championships. It’s an iconic Akron location within literal spitting distance of the Akron BMX track and the skate park. Super cool. With room for hundreds of vendors, food trucks, and other snazz this is not a show you want to miss.
- WHEN: September 15-16, 2018
- WHEN WHEN: Saturday 11am-7pm, Sunday 10am-5pm.
- WHERE: Derby Downs – 789 Derby Downs, Akron, OH 44306
- HOW MUCH: Free to a good home. Of course, a $5 donation is suggested, so we can keep the thing happening, but not required.
- HOW: Climb into one of those sweet, sweet soapbox derby cars and roll downhill.
- HUH: Vendor information can be found here.
- WHY: It’s the right thing to do.
Jazz Unique to Rubber City Rumpus
- THE ODDMALL ODDTOMOBILE SPECTACULAR! Oddmall is cool. Car shows are cool. Why not have a car show at Oddmall? People have some amazing vehicles they’d like to show off. We have a free show with a large crowd of curious people and plenty of space. It seems like one of those no-brainers everybody is always gabbing on about.
The Oddmall Oddtomobile Spectacular is open to ALL vehicles. If you have a cool, classic, vintage, pop cultural, sporty, geeky, or otherwise snazzy vehicle you want to share with the world BRING IT TO THE SHOW! We don’t care if it’s a car, a van, a motorcycle, a hearse, a batmobile, a helicopter, a hovercraft, a hearse, or an old mail truck you painted to look like there’s this bad ass warrior chick in a chainmail bikini making out with a dragon in front of a volcano while a horde of barbarians and an army of orcs fight in the background. BRING IT TO THE SHOW!!!!
Although all interesting vehicles are invited to participate we are particularly looking for any sweet geeky or pop culture related snazz (ECTO-1, the Batmobile, Mystery Machine, etc…). No entry fee. Open to all.
- OUTDOOR GAMES AND ACTIVITIES! The field at Derby Downs is significantly large. It overflows with zones for fun activities and sports, such as badminton, croquet, kubb, and various other outdoorsular diversions. Bring your own or play ours (just please remember badminton racquets are for badding mintons, not clobbering foes).
- FOOD TRUCKS! That’s right, FOOD TRUCKS! Everyone loves FOOD TRUCKS!!!
- SOAPBOX MOTHERLOVIN’ DERBY! Have you ever rolled down a super huge hill in a car made of nothing but sweat, pinecones, and discarded legos held together with seaweed and snot? No? Neither have we. We have, however, done it in some awesome soapbox derby cars and now you can too!
- PET COSTUME CONTEST! You read that correctly. Well, I assume you did. You might have read it at “PEST COSTUME CONTEST”, which is something completely different and neither offered nor endorsed at Oddmall: Rubber City rumpus. Bring your pets. It’s outside, after all. Put them in costumes or just fancy them up a bit and show them off to the adoring crowd. More details coming soon.
- THE GREAT DOWNHILL EYEBALL RACE! The ENORMOUS soapbox derby racing track hill at Derby Downs will be the scene of the crime. Unfortunately, due to storage and “legality” concerns, we are unable to use real human eyeballs for this endeavor. Instead, we will be using the sweet plastic eyeballs we use for the Great Oddmall Eyewash River Race at Riverside Ramble. Peeps can nab an eyeball for only $3 (two for five dollars). Whoever’s eye goes the farthest wins an awesome prize. It happens each day at 4pm. Eyeballs can be nabbed at the Oddmall Souvenirium or from the wandering eyeball monger who traipses throughout the realm.
Booths at Oddmall: Rubber City Rumpus are grouped into islands for easy access and compliance with fire and safety codes. Each booth is a 10’x10′ square (roughly; there’s a little wiggle room to make space for tent stakes and such.
Canopies, Tables, and Chairs
Vendors are responsible for bringing their own tables, chairs, blankets, etc… We strongly suggest you bring a tent or canopy to protect you and your goods from the sun and wind. ALL TENTS AND CANOPIES MUST BE CONSTRUCTED OF FLAME RESISTANT MATERIALS AND MUST BE ASSEMBLED ACCORDING TO THE MANUFACTURER’S INSTRUCTIONS (by order of the fire marshall). All tents and canopies must be held in place by stakes or weights in a manner compliant with the manufacturer’s instructions.
You are welcome to bring your own battery powered generators, but since this is an outdoor show we can not provide electrical hookups. No gas powered or loud generators will be invited.
If you are interested in being a food vendor at Oddmall: Rubber City Rumpus please email Andy.
Rubber City Rumpus Vendor List
6. 3Cat Collectibles
8. Oddmall Souvenirium & Mutha Oith Creations
11. Trinkets and (Re)Treasures
12. El Porko Chapo Glass
13. Kaisk Chiropractic
14. Autie Zombie Girl
15. The Artful Cricket
16. Lilla Hair Rose Awesome
17. All Quirks Aside
19. Muck Monsters of Hartville
20. Silo Arts Studio
23. Sweet Peach Designs
28. The Nerdy Taco
29. Smithfits Bazaar Emporium
31. Pampered Chef
34. Knights of the Classroom
41. Jewelry and More 4 U
43. Barb’s Bunny Hutch
44. Smithfits Bazaar Emporium
49. Knights of the Classroom
59. The No-Bakery
60. Live Dream Create
61. Doki Doki Chocolate
74. The Cement Head
76. The Mighty Jungle
77. KW Needleworks & By The Three
91. The Mighty Jungle
92. Cindy’s Corner
104. Jerome Fork Jewelry
106. Sickels Moon Handmade
107. Patty B Photography
108. Blue Crimson Anime Junction
109. Blue Crimson Anime Junction
111. Blaque Jewel Company
112. Bombs and Balms
119. Geek Watch One
120. Cosplay HQ
121. Cosplay HQ
122. Firerose Studios
123 Je Le Veux Jewelry
125. Ellet High School Art Department
F11. The Cedar Grill
F12. Stray Dog